Friday, March 10, 2006

Grandmalinda is Here!

















Liam is so happy, Grandmalinda came to visit. Know what also came for a visit? Snow! And what else? Kidney stones! Boo, hiss! I was in the hospital yesterday, in horrific pain. There was no mystery, kidney stones run in my family on my dad's side. Heck my dad only has one and 1/4 of kidney left. So I was in the ER, doubled up in pain, waiting my turn and Liam is such a sweetie, laughing and jumping, entertaining the whole waiting room. We were in the waiting room for about an hour and then being examined for about 5 more hours. I had to get poked and prodded, tested and CAT scanned. "Yup, it's a kidney stone." The doc declared after many hours. Liam never cried the whole time. (I on the other hand bawled like a baby--it hurt soooooooo bad!) Liam spent most of the time watching so quietly that nurses would run tests then see him in the corner and exclaim, "Oh my gosh, I had no idea there was a baby in here!" Then he would charm them and flirt shamelessly. He did get sleepy, and as soon as Grandmalinda showed up he fell asleep in her arms. Hey! He never falls asleep in my arms unless he doesn't feel well. Earlier in the day, I went over for a visit with the pastor's wife at her house and he fell soundly asleep in her arms! He just nuzzled into her and would wake up from time to time, stare adoringly up at her and cuddle back in for more snoozing. Hurumph. So back to the stones, I don't recommend them. I hope I never have another one. Til later, goodnight!

No comments: