Friday, February 10, 2006

A Boy and His Dog(S)




Liam LOVES everything about the dogs. Now that he has better coordination, he can reach out lightening fast and grab a handful of Xena hair. Luckily she doesn't seem to mind. We've been going in the backyard these past few afternoons, and throwing the ball for Xena. Liam sits in my lap and every single time she brings the ball back, she gently puts it in Liam's lap and he races to grab some fur. It is a game for both of them and neither seems to tire of it! The above pictures are funny because, Xena, by far the smartest dog I've ever known, laid down right infront of the moving swing. Each time Liam swung forward his feet smacked her in the face. Over and over and over. I think she liked it. For sure she didn't mind. Then she licked his feet like Bailey licks Xena to make her happy. It tickled and Liam was really laughing. I expect Riley to get hit by the swing, and boy does she! But Riley doesn't expect it, even when it happens over and over and over, each time she is like, "Hi---hey you hit me! Hi--- hey you hit me! Hi---hey you hit me!" What was that saying I heard once: the definition of insantiy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Something like that.

We made some real progress today. He finally got the hang of his Johnny Jumper and seemed to really enjoy it and he did soooo good eating peaches and rice ceral today. So good in fact I cut him off. He was opening his mouth before I even had the spoon ready and hardly making a mess at all. Well... that is the many times he timed it right. Sometimes he closed his mouth right as the spoon got close and the peaches ended up all over his face. But mostly he did amazingly well. Those books way underestimated babies like Liam when they said eating solids was a skill that usually took weeks. He got it right from the very beginning. What can I say, he is a baby that takes his food very seriously! Signing off for now, I love you guys!

No comments: