Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ode To My Vacuum Cleaner


It took me eight years to evolve into the kind of wife Chris deserves. I was talking to our friend Scott from Michigan and I told him I was vaccuming the ceiling and he said, "I don't believe you!" Scott has lived with us twice so he knows my past history with cleaning! It was formerly a hate-hate relationship. If I am brutally honest, my hate affair with cleaning goes back to when I was a child. I actually had custom made shirts, that when I grew out of them, I got a new one, from the age of about 5-12 that said, "CLEAN ROOMS ARE BORING" Mom can back me up on that! I specifically remember, in high school, not being able to go out with friends until my room was tidy, so I'd stuff things in the closet, under the bed, in desk drawers, behind books and out on the balcony. I would run the vacuum over the floor (while it was off) to leave the vacuum marks so it would seem like I had vacuumed. How lazy is that? It would have been faster to vacuum the room!!!!! And so it is with great pleasure that I wrote this poem for my Dyson vacuum, it is entitled "YOU SUCK, BUT IN A GOOD WAY":

Oh little vacuum so brave and true,

You keep my floor clean and looking new.

You await your next use in the closet, standing tall,

Lately there are a lot of leaves on the floor, because it is fall.


Because of you my house looks so clean,

Thank you my vaccum, I hope you know what I mean.

This poem proves that that I appreciate you,

It also shows I need to get out more, boy that is true!

Thank you, thank you I am a woman of so many talents. Well that's all for now. Did I just hear someone in the back say, "Thank goodness." ???? No comments from the peanut gallery! Did I mention my vaccum can pick up peanuts?.......

No comments: