Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Big Week Already






Hello all! Liam and I have had a really big week already. I have added pictures that shows how he follows things with his eyes and laughs and talks to them. He is so much fun. I so hope I get to be a stay at home mom, I am really loving it.
So Gabby's left paw was the one she injured by running into an SUV. Yes, if you remember, when being taken care of by Grandma and Grandpa C, it was she who dented the SUV with her head when she escaped. That poor left paw. That poor SUV...Yesterday Gabby dug under the fence to go "meet" ( more like eat), the dogs next door, and when she stuck a paw through she got bit bad enough to need stitches. She is fine and just needs to stay inside, with her little blue bandaged paw, until Saturday. Riley has a bite on her nose but it wasn't that bad. Anyway, the whole time I was tending to the bleeding dogs outside, Liam just played all by himself on the bed, happy as a clam every time I checked on him. Then at the vet, ( thank the Lord Mike was able to go with me so I could hold Liam and he could dog wrangle), Liam was sitting in his car seat, on the bench right next to me and Mike could hear him out in the hall yelling, "Whoooo!!!!" and having a grand old time by himself. Such an angel. I am so blessed. Today after nursing, Liam sneezed and shot milk out his nose! I didn't know he could do that! Such a little man of talents.
Today I went to my M.O.M.S. meeting (making our mothering significant), at Calvery Chapel and that was so nice. I met a lady who lives only 2 blocks away. We exchanged info so we can help eachother out if needed. That is a big relief to me because sometimes I feel a little isolated. If Mike hadn't been able to help me yesterday, how on earth could I have wrangled two VERY stong dogs and a baby? Riley weighs 72 pounds!!! A lady saw her in the waiting room and said, "Wow! That is not a dog who goes hungry!!!" I found that very funny. We don't call her Fat A$$ for nothing!!! I had to take Riley back to the vet to get her shots and was so lucky that Mike and his girlfriend Nicole were able to watch Liam. When I dropped him off he was sound asleep in his carseat and when I picked him up, he was sound asleep. Only difference was he was without his bib. Mike said, "It was strangling him in his sleep, so I took it off. No way was I going to let that happen. Not on my watch!" Apparently Liam woke up, watched 3 Popeye cartoons and went right back to sleep. It went very well!
I don't know if you can tell, but in that first picture up there of Riley, her tongue is hanging out like 5 inches on the floor! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw her.
Yesterday I bought Liam his little Santa suit for the Christmas pictures I will send out. Liam will be Santa, and if I can get them to sit still, the dogs will be his elves. I hope it comes out as wonderful as I have imagined for years that such a picture would.
Well, we are awaiting my Dad's test results, he is still in with the doctors. We are getting kind of worried because he has been in with the doctors for a while, my mom left in the waiting room, and everyone has gone home it seems. I will update here as soon as I know something. Loving you all, --Me

No comments: