Sunday, November 20, 2005

Various Goings Ons.....


Liam and I talked to the Grandmas and Auntie Carolyn last night to spread some good cheer: The whole family is coming down to visit in a few weeks! Chris got a few days off in a row, so we will all drive down, then Chris will drive back and Liam and I will take the train home after a few days extra! We are so excited!!!!! Liam was so good at church yesterday. He pretty much slept through the whole service except when someone singing hit a bad note...Maybe he will be a musician like Daddy?! Chris is on his way home from work. He will stay here with Liam while I drive Xena an hour + to her chiropractor appointment. I really want Chris to go with me but he is so tired of that drive! It is a long way for a dog appointment but it so helps her back and I will visit Alicia and Sean while I am over there. I am going to take them to dinner to thank her for always being so willing to watch Liam when I desperately need help. She has only watched him once so far, but she has been my back up in a pinch more than once and I am so thankful!

I wrote the following entry on Saturday while I was at work:


So I am working in the town of "B" today, taking 911 calls, answering the business lines and dispatching the officers. When I first got here I was in way over my head. I work for SC and the two cities are side by side and they do share the radio, and the computer screens are mostly the same, but boy is this different! I feel a little more sure of myself now, although something is beeping and I have no idea what...I was supposed to be re-oriented before coming back to work here because it has been almost a year and a half. They have a brand new communications center and equipment, some of it is familiar, some not. Heightened security measures, door buzzers, and tons of cameras monitoring all the corridors, the cells, etc. "JM" who bumped me out of a job resigned originally has just resigned. Oh cruel irony, if he had just done that over a year ago, I never would have had to leave, in the first place! Anyway they were so desperate for a dispatcher, they called me and I saw it as quick easy money and a way to bypass waiting around for them to fit me in for that re-orienting. That kind of backfired on me, but over all I am doing fine. I keep saying the wrong call sign; 23 instead of 24 though and in the beginning I really wanted to answer "my" guys. I hear them talking but I have to tune them out. I am working "across" from the shift I used to work, so it is pretty confusing. I feel like I have mulitple personality disorder, and what on earth is that beeping!!!!!
Chris was a little unhappy earlier when I called to check on him because Liam didn't want to be held, he just wanted to sleep in his vibrating baby bark-a-lounger, and really, who wouldn't? Now he just called me because Liam doesn't want to drink from the bottle, he has only drank one ounce since noon, but he is happy so I guess he is OK. I really feel like Liam just isn't nursing/feeding enough, but as the pediatrician says, the proof is in the pudding and he is pooping and wetting plenty so I guess I shouldn't worry...
My new favorite picture of Liam is the chubby cheeked smiling one that I took of him laughing at his Grandpa B, (red sleeves, white bib?) soooo cute!!! I have that one and a few others sitting in front of me. They makes me smile. Chris laughed at me when I was grabbing pictures off the mantle to take with me, he said it wasn't like I was leaving him for days!
In SC you have to get a police officer to relieve you so you can go downstairs to the restroom and relieve yourself (ha ha ha). Here they have a bathroom right here in dispatch, it is so cool! Of course if you take the portable radio in there with you and have to answer the guys, they laugh because it totally echos and they know you are in the bathroom! Earlier it was so funny because after I flushed the toilet, I was trying to hurry in case the phone rang, I brought my foot down right into the trash can and slung it across the room when I tried to take a step. So typical of me, huh? When I told Chris that he just shook his head because after all, this morning I actually got stuck in the mini-blinds.....
This has been really fun, only one hour to go then about an hour 15 min drive home. it will be cool because I will get to spend time with Chris tonight and neither of us will be too tired to go to the 9:45 am church service tomorrow---finally!!!!!!
Today Chris took Liam with him to Gabby's vet check up to see how Gabby's suture looked. There was another dog in the waiting room and it tried to smell Liam in his carseat and Gabby ferociously growled and charged at that dog. The owner laughed and said, "A boy and his dog" and made sure his puppy stayed on his half of the room. However, EVERY SINGLE TIME the dog even just looked at Liam, Gabby growled at it. Isn't that awesome? Chris says Gabby loves to rest her chin on Liam's feet. Remember she was the one I had no idea how she would react to Liam, and what a wonderful surprise she has been. Since we have had to keep her inside it has been fun to watch. If he cries, she runs from the room, but when he is asleep she wants to lay next to him. When she is let in from outside, the first thing she does is goes and finds him. It is really too neat. Well that is all. I love you!

No comments: