Friday, November 25, 2005

Just Amazing






These are not posed pictures. Liam was looking at this book, touching the pages and THEN I decided to take his picture. I can't believe how interested in the pictures he was. I am going out first thing Monday to buy him some of those touch and feel board books. Tonight we are experimenting with sleeping in the crib and not picking him up during the night when he fusses. By "we" I mean Liam and I. I will pick him up in a heartbeat if he is doing his hungry cry, but not if he is just fussing. Half the time he drifts back off to sleep or sucks on his own hands for a while. He has been fussy crying a lot these past few days due to the fact, he just figured out he can cry whenever he wants to. Wish us luck, it maybe a long night. Next up: to swaddle or not to swaddle.... To Be Continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheheh. he could not get any cuter! What a little scholar, so young and already reading! (good material too)

Dani

JenP said...

He's just gorgeous!!

We've swaddled Sophie since she was 6 weeks after she stopped sleeping for good. It definently seemed to calm her and I so wish we had known how to do it properly before!!

Now that she's bigger she's breaking out of the swaddle and scratching her face and thumping her head all night long trying to work out how to open her hands with the opposite one.

We just ordered the Miracle Blanket and oh my goodness -- it is so good!! I can't even begin to proclaim my now undying love for it!

Lots and lots of luck to you guys. The sleep deprivation thing is sooo hard. I finally had more than 2 hours last night. Lots of love to you both!